Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Typical

Like always, I completely neglect writing when something comes up.  The campaign I was working on (unabashedly stolen from M:TG's Innistrad) got sidetracked when I started combing through the old modules at DnD Classics.  I threw together about 30 locations based on locales from Keep on the Borderlands, the Secret of Bone Hill and Lankhmar, and I sprinkled them around a starter area.  Then I got sidetracked again when our FLGS got a multi-arcade machine.

Previously I've built two arcades; a standup, years ago, and a cocktail more recently.  Both ran MAME, a multiple arcade machine emulator that's freely available, and a host of old arcade ROMs, which aren't.  This time, in the grand tradition of, well, what I do, I'm stealing ideas from a much better build.  Using MDF, I've so far put together a frame and am just finishing up the front/top/back pieces, including two access doors (for the monitor and the CPU and subwoofer) and the control panel.

I picked up a newish CPU and used 5:4 19" monitor off craigslist for a reasonable amount. I need to order the controls, but otherwise I have just about everything to finish up the cabinet.  It's still a long process; after the frame is put together, I need to sand, fill, and sand some more before I even start to prime, paint and finish it.  Oh, and before I play the living bejesus out of it in my basement.

No comments:

Post a Comment